Used Vessels/Reactors for Sale
Used Reactors and Vessels
Reactors and pressure vessels are essential equipment used to contain chemical reactions. This equipment type is often used in chemical processing and pharmaceutical industries. There are many types of reactors and vessels, with various designs and capabilities to support your applications.
At Louisiana Chemical Equipment Company, we buy and sell an assortment of used pressure vessels, including glass, steel, carbon-steel and high alloy reactors. With our comprehensive stock and expertise across many industries, we’ll supply you with the suitable reactor to streamline your operations while saving time and money.
Common Reactor Configurations
Reactors are made up of three parts, including a tank, an agitation system and a heating or cooling device, varying in size to hold more than 15,000 liters in some situations. These versatile tools manage countless processes, including chemical reactions, mixing, batch distillation, polymerization and liquid extraction.
Many reactors are constructed from high-quality glass or steel materials or a combination. At LCEC, we provide countless used glass-lined reactors and steel options. Each has its applications, advantages and reasons for choosing one over the other:
- Stainless steel reactors: Our used stainless steel reactors offer the strength and durability to withstand years of repetitive use with minimal repairs required. Many professionals utilize these instruments within general laboratory settings and benefit from their ability to endure higher temperatures with short heat-up and recovery times.
- Glass reactors: Glass reactors are constructed from carbon steel materials and lined with glass to protect from corrosion. They can handle a variety of chemicals and acids, including nitric, sulphuric, hydrochloric and phosphoric acids.
Popular Reactor Applications
Which kind of reactor you choose often depends on its application. You’ll then be able to decide on the necessary volume, temperature range and pressure range for a productive process. Some standard industries regularly using various pressure vessel designs include:
- Chemical processing
- Waste water
- Food and beverage
USED VESSELS AND REACTORS AT LCEC
At LCEC, our vessel and reactor inventory covers a wide range of machine types to suit your applications. Some of our equipment options include:
- Cryogenic: With a cryogenic reactor, operations can cool reactions without disrupting the process with freezing. Cryogenic reactors offer the coldest possible operating temperatures with refrigeration flexibility to meet your needs.
- Autoclave: Autoclave vessels are built to withstand high pressures and heat, and they’re often used for sterilization applications. Steam inside the vessel faces high pressures that kill bacteria, fungi, viruses and spores on anything placed inside.
- Jacketed: Jacketed reactors can have single or double jackets to house reactions. This equipment type has many uses ranging from cooling and extraction to homogenization.
In addition to the many vessel and reactor configurations we carry, our inventory includes different composition types, ranging from glass-lined to exotic materials, such as our used hastelloy reactors.
Partner With LCEC for Used Glass Reactors
When you’re in the market for used pressure vessels or glass and steel reactors, Louisiana Chemical Equipment Company should be your first stop. Our team is proud to lead the way in the chemical equipment industry, providing various operations with the tools they have depended on for over five decades. We maintain an inventory of over 14,000 high-quality used products, with countless stainless steel and glass-lined options to support your demands.
Shop Used Glass-Lined Pressure Vessels and More
At Louisiana Chemical Equipment Company, we help meet your chemical processing needs with used reactors and vessels. Explore our full inventory of this equipment type or conduct an advanced equipment search to find specific products and manufacturers we carry. If you need assistance, get in touch with our team today.
Featured Process Equipment
View our recent state-of-the-art nitrogen plant for sale at Louisiana Chemical Equipment Company. Contact us for more information.
Hydrocracker Reactor Section Unit 7500 converts a feed of Flashed Distillate, Waxy Distillate and Deasphalted Oil (DAO) in a Hydrogen rich atmosphere into mainly Naphtha, Kerosene and Gas Oil products which are sent to Fractionation section U7600.
View our most recent liquidation of vessels, heat exchangers, columns & drum heaters.